Topic: Independent learning
In today's class you will teach each other the material you have prepared. Teaching is a great way to learn the material yourself, and this activity will help you build your teamwork skills so that you can all help each other as you get into your research project.
Fill out the pre-teaching reflection individually. Make a copy of the pre-teaching reflection template in your group's folder and fill it out.
Teaching Rotation 1 (10 or 15 minutes)
- Choose the first person to be the teacher. If you are teaching to 1 other person, you will get 13 minutes, if you are teaching to two other people, you will get 8 minutes for this session.
- Teach your material. Make sure you assess how well your students understand.
- At the end of your teaching session (we will prompt you to stop after the allotted time), each teacher and student will fill out the post session reflection:
- If you were the teacher, fill out the post-teaching teacher reflection form (make a copy of the template in your group's folder and fill it out).
- If you were the student, fill out the post-teaching student reflection form (make a copy of the template in your group's folder and fill it out).
- Debrief with your group about how the first session went.
Teaching Rotation 2 (10 or 15 minutes)
Repeat the steps above for the next teacher.
Teaching Rotation 3 (if necessary) (10 minutes)
Repeat the steps above for the last teacher, if applicable.
Class Debrief (Remaining time)